ROB SCHNEIDER’S RIDICULOUSLY “RACIST” NEW SITCOM

So, over the past few days, I’ve been seeing commercials for this new sitcom starring Rob Schneider called ROB. The premise? Schneider plays a White man who marries a Latina (who, it should be noted, as is the case with many sitcom couples, is WAY too attractive for him). And, apparently, the whole concept of the series is to see how this White man gets along with her family. Hilarity ensues as he makes multiple racial jokes about the differences between Whites and Hispanics.

Photobucket

For Pete’s sake, it did just turn 2012 a couple of days ago, right? I’m not imagining that, am I? Or are we actually still in the year 1982 or something? Seriously, in this day and age, THIS is what a major network thinks is funny?

Okay, I admit, I could be unfairly prejudging it (that’s why I put “racist” in quotes). It does co-star Cheech Marin, who is hilarious and, actually, I have enjoyed seeing Schneider in various things over the years, but, COME ON. I cannot get past this idiotic and cheap premise. It just sounds like a huge step backwards. So count me out.

ROB debuts Jan. 12, @ 8:30 on CBS
May it die a quick TV death.

8 comments for “ROB SCHNEIDER’S RIDICULOUSLY “RACIST” NEW SITCOM

1. yechristian
    January 3, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I’ve seen the commercials for this sitcom too. It looks pretty lame like his movies. I’ll be surprised if they air a second episode.

• January 4, 2012 at 3:07 AM

It’s just hard to imagine how this even got greenlit to even make a pilot.

2. Vincent Gutierrez
    January 13, 2012 at 12:49 PM

The only plus side to this is the employment of Latino actors even though grimace every time they hit the stage.

3. January 14, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Unbelievably, the first episode got huge ratings!

Sweet Jesus. I guess there’s no such thing as “bad” publicity, after all.

4. Jay
    January 16, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Critics be damned!! You people can say all you want, but Rob is funny!! I can’t wait to see the next episode, ha ha ha!!

5. January 16, 2012 at 10:41 AM

You couldn’t pay me to watch that garbage. Schneider hasn’t been funny since he was playing the copy machine guy on SNL.

6. January 16, 2012 at 12:20 PM

In a world where the Kardashians can be TV stars, nothing surprises me anymore.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 4,273 other followers